The second IBHI event this year – GIBHICON 2012 showcased the best of talent in the UK and India in the fields of Gastroenterology, GI surgery, GI endoscopy, Hepatology, Liver Transplantation and Bariatric surgery. Luminaries in these fields from both countries were present for this two day conference on April 21 and 22, 2012 at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai. The seminar witnessed state-of-the-art lectures, clinical presentations, case studies and lively discussions.
The “Young Masters hour for Innovation and Excellence” an award for young innovators was awarded to a young expert who presented the new idea. Also a press meet was organized at MIOT Hospitals on 20th April 2012 on behalf of this international conference and to celebrate the setting up of the MIOT Liver Transplantation programme.
|MR. MIKE NITHAVRIANAKIS||DR. PRITHVI MOHANDAS|
|British Deputy High Commissioner, Chennai President, IBHI||Founder & Secretary IBHI|
|PROF. DR. GEORGE M CHANDY|
|Director, MIOT Advanced Center for Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai Organising Secretary, GIBHICON|
Ajit Pai, Arulprakash S, Arun Kumar S, Balaji N.S, Balasubramanian V, Chandrasekhar T S, Dinesh Jothimani, Geetha S Kumar, George M Chandy, Hariharan M, Jayanthi V, Jeevan Kumar S, Malathi, Malini, Manoj Kumar Sahu, Mohammed Ali, Mohan A T, Murugan N, Palaniswami K R, Prithvi Mohandas, Raghavan M, Samal S C, SankaraNarayanan V S, Venky Munikrishnan.
To foster Indo British relationships and encourage trade between India and Great Britain. To work together, understand each others’ strengths and encourage greater co-operation in the healthcare sector. To showcase the best of talent in the UK and India in the fields of Gastroenterology, GI surgery, GI endoscopy, Hepatology, Liver Transplantation and Bariatric surgery.
State-of-the-art lectures, clinical presentations, case studies and lively discussions.
Young Masters’ Hour for innovation and Excellence for those under the age of 40 with original ideas. The best presenter will win a cash award, a plaque and a 6- week fellowship in a state-of-the-art GI centre in the country.
|Dr. Bruno Daniel||Italy||Dr. Gareth Greenslade||UK|
|Dr. Chris Probert||UK||Dr. Rajiv Jalan||UK|
|Dr. Duff M Bruce||Scotland||Dr. Shajan Peter||U.S.A|
|Dr. Elwyn Elias||UK||Mr. Anthony Dixon||UK|
|Dr. Amit Maydeo||Mumbai||Dr. Palaniappan S||Chennai|
|Dr. Amol Bapaye||Pune||Dr. Palanisami K R||Chennai|
|Dr. Anil Arora||Delhi||Dr. Philip Augustine||Cochin|
|Dr. Ashok Chacko||Vellore||Dr. Pramesh C S||Mumbai|
|Dr. Balasubramaniyan V||Chennai||Dr. Premkumar K||Chennai|
|Dr. Banumathi Ramakrishna||Vellore||Dr. Pugazhendi T||Chennai|
|Dr. Chandramohan||Chennai||Dr. Raghuram K||Chennai|
|Dr. Chandrasekar T S||Chennai||Dr. Rajanikanth S||Chennai|
|Dr. Col. Krishnan S||Chennai||Dr. Rajesh Puri||Delhi|
|Dr. Dinakaran N||Chennai||Dr. Rajesh Sainani||Mumbai|
|Dr. Eapen C E||Vellore||Dr. Ramakrishna B S||Vellore|
|Dr. Ganesh Pai||Manipal||Dr. Randhir Sud||Delhi|
|Dr. George Kurien||Pondicherry||Dr. Rangabashyam N||Chennai|
|Dr. Hariharan M||Chennai||Dr. Rao G V||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Harsh Kapoor||Delhi||Dr. Rao P N||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Hema Vijayalakshmi||Chennai||Dr. Roy Mukkada||Cochin|
|Dr. Iqbal||Trivandrum||Dr. Rupa Banerjee||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Jayanthi V||Chennai||Dr. Sandeep Bhargawa||Delhi|
|Dr. Jeevan Kumar S||Chennai||Dr. Sankaranarayanan V S||Chennai|
|Dr. Jeyamoni||Vellore||Dr. Sarojini A||Chennai|
|Dr. Joseph A J||Vellore||Dr. Sethu Babu||Hyderabad|
|Dr. Joy Varghese||Chennai||Dr. Shahesta Mehta||Mumbai>|
|Dr. Malathi Sathyasekaran||Chennai||Dr. Shanthi Vijayaraghavan||Chennai|
|Dr. Malay Sharma||Meerut||Dr. Shiv K Sarin||Delhi|
|Dr. Manu Tandon||Hyderabad||Dr. Sukriya Naik||Vellore|
|Dr. Mark Ranjan Jesudasan||Vellore||Dr. Surendran R||Chennai|
|Dr. Mohammed Ali||Chennai||Dr. Thayumanavan L||Madurai|
|Dr. Mohan A T||Chennai||Dr. Thomas Alexander||Pondicherry|
|Dr. Mohan Prasad V G||Coimbatore||Dr. Usha Srinivas||Chennai|
|Dr. Murali Krishna||Vizag||Dr. Varghese Thomas||Calicut|
|Dr. Murugan N||Chennai||Dr. Venkatakrishnan L||Coimbatore|
|Dr. Neeraj Saraf||Delhi||Dr. Venkateswaran A R||Chennai|
- The HCV cycle; achievement and challenges.
- HBV in pregnancy; Treat the child, the mother or both?
- The options in HBV therapy; when, what and how long?
- Monitor, recognize and treat; Drug resistance in Hep B therapy.
- Newer insights, mechanisms and pathogenesis of portal hypertension.
- Adult liver transplantation: Recent advances, where do we stand in 2012.
- Post Liver Transplant allograft dysfunction – an approach to a patient.
- Management issues; post liver transplant Hep-B and Hep-C.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: Treatment options.
- Wilson’s disease in children: An update.
- Intraductal endoscopy : an expanding horizon.
- RFA and endocytoscopy: Their role in diagnosis and management of Barrett’s oesophagus.
- Capsule endoscopy in crohn’s disease: do we need it?
- What is new in endoscopy?
- Current trends in the management of esophageal cancer: Indian perspective.
- Non-obstructive dysphagia: Protocol based approach.
UGI, Colorectal and Bariatric Surgery
- Lap training in GI surgery.
- Lap colorectal surgery; SILS and Robotics.
- Fast Track programme after GI surgery.
- Recent trends in Bariatric and Metabolic surgery.
- Liver failure: from pathophysiology to innovative approaches in management.
- Guidelines for the detection of the etiologic factor of acute pancreatitis.
- Basis of therapy in acute pancreatitis.
- Early endoscopic sphincterotomy in acute pancreatitis: Is it indicated, advisable, not indicated, or contraindicated ? A proposal for clinical practice.
Chronic Pancreatitis And Pancreatic Cancer
- Etiopathogenesis of chronic pancreatitis: a genetic disease with some precipitating factors?
- Surgical approaches to Chronic pancreatitis: Technical implications and outcome.
- Indications and timing of surgery in Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Endoscopic treatment of pain in chronic pancreatitis: really useful or only feasible.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Management protocol for Severe Ulcerative Colitis.
- Steroids in Crohn’s disease; Is it obselete?
- TPMT testing in IBD: Is it essential?
- Thiopurines: how long should we use them?
- Leukocytopheresis in IBD: Filtering out the facts.
- IBD: Intestinal infections; mimics and precipitant of relapse.
- HBV and HCV: How do they affect management of IBD?